I missed you guys!
Thank you all for your patience while I took a much-needed break from a project I love. It wasn’t easy to do, but in all the post-move chaos, it was absolutely necessary. But now it’s time to get this train a-rollin’, reboot this system, get the old team back together, and cram as many “git-r-done” metaphors as possible into this one sentence. I’m coming back to the drawing board with a whole flood of new ideas for this blog.
What does that mean for you? QUITE A LOT, ACTUALLY:
- First and foremost, Sabbath Thoughts will be resuming its normal posting schedule starting tomorrow night, 8 PM Central Standard Time. Woo!
- It’s been a dream of mine for quite a while now, but I finally have the resources and know-how to start redesigning this site. It’s been two years without a facelift, and there are all sorts of fun things that can be done in that arena. This is more of a long-term, off-in-the-distance project, but it’s coming eventually and that is PRETTY COOL.
- I recently found an option to make the weekly Sabbath Thought emails considerably less ugly, so that should be underway sometime soon!
- Another off-in-the-distance project (but maybe less in the distance than a site overhaul): I’ve been toying for a while with the idea of putting together a free “Best of Sabbath Thoughts” compilation ebook. Putting one together has a lot in common with designing a website, so the technical side of things looks extremely doable. The real problem is that I have no idea what the “best” of Sabbath Thoughts even is. I could go by the view count on each page, but I’d really rather hear from you what your personal favorites have been. Sound off in the comments below and let me know!
- I plan to continue with Midweek Musings on Facebook (maybe integrating it with the new site eventually) because those have been popular and generating some really good discussions.
- The #ScripturePicture project has been stagnant for a while, but I’d love to start that back up in the future. That’s a bigger question mark, because each picture requires a considerable amount of time on my end. But again, they’ve been well-received, so I GUESS WE’LL SEE.
Also, two people who don’t get nearly enough credit around here and who are both the coolest of beans: my brother-in-law, Drew, who has been kind enough to not only host this site for me, but also help correct my technological blunders (which are many and frequent), and my wife, Mary, who takes most of the photos you see on this page (the good ones, anyway—the less professional ones are probably from me). You should check out her photography page because her photos are awesome and she loves taking them and it shows:
That’s all for now. Don’t forget to check back tomorrow evening for a brand new Sabbath Thought, and please share your favorite Sabbath Thoughts below so I can get to work on that ebook!
Until next time,